Prof Steve Greenfield is a member of the Westminster Law School at the University of Westminster. He is part of the Centre for Law, Society and Popular Culture and the founding editor of the Entertainment and Sports Law Journal (ESLJ). He also has a huge passion for sports.
In the aftermath of the failed European Super League, Brad talks to Steve about how the announcement of the ESL was such a PR disaster, as well as some of the wider issues of sport as a commodity, and the growth of law in the entertainment industry.
During the conversation, they talk about:
• The story behind the failed European Super League
• The study of law with other academic disciplines
• How football fits into English culture and identity
• The growth of law in the entertainment industry due to changes in technology
• Broadcasting rights in cricket and the birth of the Indian Premier League
• Venture capital investing in New Zealand’s international rugby union team
Learn more about Steve Greenfield:
Make sure to subscribe to find out when the next conversation takes place. You can also follow Different Conversations on Twitter to keep in touch: https://twitter.com/different_cast
About Different Conversations Podcast:
Dr Brad Elliott, a senior lecturer in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at the University of Westminster, brings together a cross-section of Westminster colleagues to engage in some interesting, unusual and unexpected discussions for his bi-weekly podcast Different Conversations.